Trinity First Lutheran School Speaker
Half of our Lent Self-Denial offerings this year will go to support Trinity First Lutheran (TFL) School in Minneapolis. On Sunday, March 3, the principal, Mrs. Sarah Wippich, will speak at our adult Bible Study hour in the Fireside Room. In addition to having her with us, the school’s worship team will play at the 10:30 a.m. service. The following is a quick synopsis of TFL’s purpose and mission.
Trinity First School seeks to bear witness to the sure knowledge of salvation through Jesus by being a beacon of Christian Education to the City.
Families come to our school for many reasons. They are looking for a school that will:
- Provide a safe-haven for their child. The children have been hurt in some way in their lives and need extra-special care and attention.
- Take them in. We are a school-of-last-resort for some children who have been moved from school to school due to challenging issues that are not resolved.
- Challenge their child. They are not being challenged where they are currently enrolled.
- Help them raise their child in a Christ-filled home.
- Provide their child with special education support.
- Work with them even though they may be in an unstable situation (housing, job, life.)
- Know their child and their family. They are seeking a small school where they can experience family.
Many of these families are not seeking a Christ-filled education because they do not yet know what that really means. We know that a Christ-filled education can bring so much more than an academic education. We know that Christ brings new life and the solution to all the challenges and problems a family may face!